A face mask may not always protect against viruses but may reduce the chance of getting sick. It is also worth considering the fact that in order for the mask to have at least some benefit, you need to wear it correctly.
How to wear a face mask?
- Carefully cover your nose and mouth with a mask and secure it to reduce the gap between the face and mask.
- Do not touch the mask during use. After removing and touching the used mask, wash your hands.
- After the mask becomes wet or dirty, put on a new clean and dry mask.
- Do not reuse disposable masks. They should be discarded after each use and disposed of immediately after removal.
How to reduce the chance of illness during the season of viruses?
Among means of virus prevention, wearing masks occupies a special place, thanks to which the spread of the virus is limited.
Medical masks for respiratory protection use:
- when visiting crowded places, traveling by public transport during the period of increased incidence of acute respiratory viral infections;
- when caring for patients with acute respiratory viral infections;
- when communicating with persons with signs of acute respiratory viral infection;
- with the risks of infection by other infections transmitted by airborne droplets.
But remember that a medical mask does not protect 100% from viruses and especially coronavirus but it may reduce a chance of getting some viruses. And if you are looking for what kind of mask to buy right now then we have gathered several face masks for you.
1. Disposable Earloop Face Masks
This set of face masks is good in that it has a more special fabric and has a carbon filter that can help with many contaminants. And even if the virus epidemic is behind these masks can be useful not only for protection against viruses but also in the household during work during which there is a lot of dust in the air.View at Amazon
2. N95 Anti-Virus and PM2.5 Mask
N95 face masks type offers more virus protection due to their shape. Such masks are designed to prevent 95 percent of small particles from entering the nose and mouth. But they only work if you wear them correctly, and they are not suitable for children or people with facial hair.
N95 face masks can also make breathing difficult, so they can be dangerous for those who show symptoms of new coronavirus infection, including coughing and shortness of breath. The QSA 2000 mask is made of hypoallergenic material and has high filtration. And its elastic earloops without pressure on the ears.View at Amazon
3. 50 Pcs Disposable Face Masks
This mask has a very soft fabric, making this mask so light and soft that you forget that you put it on for several minutes. This mask has a flexible upper part and earloops, which makes it easy to place and comfortable to wear. This mask has a fairly budget price and this is one of its advantages.View at Amazon
How else to protect yourself from viruses?
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises washing your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- If it is not possible to wash your hands with water and soap, you should use an alcohol-containing hand antiseptic – a solution with an alcohol content of 60-80% or with 2% chlorhexidine.
- The antiseptic should cover the entire surface of the skin of the hands, hands should be treated for at least 30 seconds and special attention should be paid to the nails (more dirt accumulates here). Wash your hands with soap and water as soon as possible.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth with dirty hands.
- Avoid close contact with sick people and the crowd.
People who travel should:
- maintain hand hygiene;
- avoid visiting animal and bird markets;
- avoid visiting patients and crowds;
- consult a doctor in case of symptoms – cough, fever or difficulty breathing;
- it is also important to refrain from traveling to China and other countries where cases of coronavirus are recorded.
But remember that the coronavirus is very small and it can penetrate through the face mask.